CenturyLink Fiber Altamonte is a great option if you want affordable high-speed internet. It’s easy to set up, but there are some things you should know before getting started. Here’s a complete guide for installing Centurylink internet altamonte springs:
Check your email to see if CenturyLink has sent instructions for self-installation.
If you don’t have an email address, contact customer service.
If you have an email address but didn’t receive instructions, check your spam folder as they sometimes go there. If they’re not in your spam folder either, contact customer service and ask them to resend the instructions to your correct address.
Download and install the app for CenturyLink Smart Home Manager on your mobile device.
First, download and install the app for CenturyLink Smart Home Manager on your mobile device.
To do this:
- Open Google Play or Apple’s App Store and search for “CenturyLink Smart Home Manager.”
- Download the app to your device (for Android users, this will be an .apk file).
- Tap on the downloaded file to open it. If you are using Android, you will see a screen that asks if you want to install the application. Tap Install > OK in order to continue with installation. For iOS users, tap Install and then enter your passcode as necessary before tapping Agree & Install; once again, if you are using Android instead of iOS then follow these instructions instead: ‘Agree & Install’ > OK > Yes/Open.
Log in to the app and follow the prompts to set up and manage the network.
- Log in to the CenturyLink app.
- Follow the prompts to set up and manage your network.
- You will need to be in the same room as your modem.
- You will also need to be connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your modem, which means you need to enter its password when prompted by the app. You can find this by checking under “Settings” on your modem’s web interface or by looking at a label on its case, where it might say something like RESIDENTIAL1 or HOME2GATEWAY.* Once you’re connected and logged in, select Security & Privacy from within the Settings menu within your CenturyLink account and then choose Network Settings (in some cases this may be called Wireless Setup). In this menu, select WPA2 PSK (Personal) as your security type; if you have difficulty finding these options due to poor internet connectivity or an outdated browser version, contact us for help!
If you can’t find the email, contact customer service at 1-855-423-9355.
If you can’t find the email, contact customer service at 1-855-423-9355. If you still cannot find the email, call customer service and explain to them that you cannot locate the email with instructions for installing your internet.
You might want to consider using a technician to set it up.
While we’re not discouraged from installing our own internet, it is a good idea to consider using a technician. This is because technical tasks like this are not as simple as they may seem and can cause damage if done improperly. If you do not know what you are doing, it might be best to call in a professional.
We hope you have found this article helpful in learning how to set up your Internet. If you are still having problems or questions, please feel free to contact Broadband-Internet-Providers.