Who is visiting my website?

Generating high quality B2B leads is one of the most important tasks for every B2B business. There are many ways, how companies can generate leads. You are probably familiar with Google Ads, search engine optimization, content marketing, outbound sales etc.

But there is one bonus technique, many B2B marketers never heard of. Even though, many marketers ask themselves: who is visiting my website, not many of them know this method of B2B lead generation. It is called website visitor identification. This is basically a software, which can identify your website visitors and tell you, which companies have visited your website. Knowing it gives you possibility to adjust your sales and marketing strategy and reach out to these companies.

How does it work?

Website visitor identification normally works via IP. Software can “see” visitor’s IP, searches through various databases, identifies the company behind the visitor and enriches company details with data.

 What benefits does it provide?

 The benefits are obvious:

  •  You know, which companies are interested in your product or service
  • You can see, which product or service did the company showed interest in
  • You see full information about company, like website, address, contact data, industry, company size etc.
  • Based on this information, you can choose a channel to contact the visitor-company and offer your product

 Better conversion rates

Normally, on average around 2% of website traffic convert into leads. For example, visitors might fill out your contact form, call you, or directly purchase a product online. The rest of your traffic, around 98% is gone for good. By using website visitor identification, you can radically improve your conversion rate, which can be as high as 20% or more.

Website visitor identification: summary

There are several software, which provide website visitor identification services. By using such tool, you can significantly improve your website’s conversion rate and generate lots of high quality B2B leads.

Bruce Reyes

Bruce Reyes