Launched in 1999, the Honda Activa is claimed to be the highest-selling two-wheeler in India with more than 2,00,000 Activas being sold every month. Today, Honda is India’s biggest seller of two-wheelers with nearly every second scooter in India being a Honda two-wheeler. The Honda Activa is possibly the most popular scooter amongst a wide demographic in India, today. While they are one of the most reliable and sturdy two-wheelers available in India, they are also vulnerable to accidents, thefts and other unpredictable mishaps.
Today, there are a variety of two-wheeler insurance schemes available in India that cover a wide variety of eventualities that one may face. While there are variety of third-party insurance schemes available in India, it is always advisable to get a comprehensive insurance policy that will cover you against a variety of accidents and mishaps. Unlike earlier, you can easily get an Activa insurance online with almost no paperwork or tedious documentation. Below, we will see how you can avail of an insurance policy for your Activa online.
How to get Insurance for your Activa Online
Getting an Activa insurance has never been easier. In order to get an insurance policy for your Activa two-wheeler, you need to do as follows:
- Firstly, you need to visit the website of the insurer that you have chosen. Here, you have the option to either buy a new policy or renew an already existing policy that might be expiring soon.
- Next, you will need to enter all the relevant personal details and details of your vehicle in the online form.
- Here, you can select from a variety of additional coverages and you can also avail of a variety of discounts. At the end of this process and in consideration of these factors, you will receive the final premium that you will need to pay.
- When you have filled in all the details and after you have double-checked the form, you can proceed to make the payment.
- After having made the payment, you will receive the insurance policy on your email as a PDF.
For your Activa insurance, there are two main additional coverages that you apply for i.e. the zero-depreciation cover and the emergency assistance cover.
- Depreciation Cover: Generally, insurance policies for two-wheelers will promise coverage for claims after the depreciation is deducted. However, with zero-depreciation coverage, there are no deductions on depreciation, except for the cost of battery and the tyres.
- Emergency Assistance Coverage: As the name suggests, the emergency assistance coverage provides security and cover for all kinds of breakdowns and also assist with minor repairs, lost keys, key duplication, changing tyres, battery rejuvenation, fuel tank issues and also cover towing charges.
While insurance policies for two-wheelers cover a variety of accidents and mishaps, there are some items that are excluded from coverage. These are as follows:
- Depreciation values are not covered under two-wheeler insurance.
- Mechanical and electric breakdowns are also not covered under these insurance schemes for two-wheelers.
- Lastly, if you are driving without a license or engage in dangerous driving, such as under the influence of drugs or alcohol, insurance schemes will not cover any damages.