Save Environment by Switching to Reusable Non-Woven Bags That are Stronger than Plastic Bags
We eat healthy and try to live healthy by paying attention to our daily routine. We buy electronics that provide healthy air in our house. We prefer eco friendly products to clean our house and we also reduce the usage of vehicles to control pollution in the country. To sum it all, these days we are more into “go green” concept.
However, let me tell you the darker side of polluted environment. Maximum stores use plastic bags for carrying items. These plastic bags are provided free of cost to the customers. Plastic is hazardous because when it is recycled it produces chemicals, which is harmful for people. If we don’t stop frequent use of plastic bags then very soon people will not get fresh air to breathe and there will be various diseases damaging lungs.
Thus, government in every state has enforced cloth bags or non woven bags for groceries. These bags are made of special fabric, but not plastic and many stores have started providing them free of cost. Some stores also provide paper bags for few items. Some of the stores provide custom grocery bags that help in promoting their store’s name in every lane.
Non-woven bags are made of polypropylene fabric which is soft, silky and allows air to penetrate. This helps in keeping vegetables and fruits fresh.
Here are some of the benefits of a non-woven bag –
- They can be recycled.
- It can be burned as it does not produce any harmful toxic.
- It is easy to carry as it is light weight and can be folded and kept in any small purse, if not being used.
These woven bags are used not only for grocery purpose, but the fabric allows you to apply this as –
- Reusable or shopping purpose.
- Gift bags with fancy strings.
- Garment bags
- Food bags to keep them fresh
- Wine bags
- Hand bags that has zipper or Velcro.
The advantages of non-woven bags –
- The fabric is cheap and the bags can be prepared at a minimal cost. Also, many stores charge for bags, but if you have bought one non-woven bag from any store, you can continue using the same bag every time you go shopping.
- They are strong and can carry heavy items and don’t get torn or punctured like plastic bags. They don’t melt in high temperature and allow air to pass in so that nothing is destroyed.
- Apart from using as a grocery bag, some women prefer carrying customized non-woven bags to office. It not only looks stylish but gives you ample space to carry things to office.
- Finally, nothing is better than saving your environment from harmful effects. If you reuse the same bag every time it not only saves trees but reduces the number of bags being produced.
Polypropylene looks like cotton unless it isn’t processed. After it is compressed mechanically, it looks like fiber that is soft, smooth, light, washable and easy to carry. Instead of going for plastic bags that pollutes, air and water and can be suffocating for human beings and animals, switch to non-woven bags.